10. - 11. August 2019
Free Software and Open Source - these are the topics of FrOSCon (Free and Open Source Software Conference), for example related to administration, operating systems, IT security, legal, education. Every year in August the computer science department of the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, supported by FrOSCon e.V., will organize an exciting program with talks and workshops for visitors of all ages. Free entry for everybody.
The event is topped off with a fair of booths from FLOSS projects and companies. The social event, celebrated at Saturday night, offers the opportunity to exchange opinions with other visitors, speakers or volunteers.
Focus topics in 2019:
- New horizons - Who will build the Open Source (mobile, car, fusion reactor, ...)?
- Smart Home - The journey from monitoring to automation and surveillance
- Cyber-Peace - Suppose there's a war and nobody hacks
- Software Defined Anything - Instant Business, just add code
- IOT - the S stands for security
As every year at FrOSCon, there will be FrogLabs for kids of age 9-16. There will be workshops on games development, electronics, robotics and further creative topics. A great approach to teach new talents about open source!